One More Child is seeking to employ a full-time, Central FL based Survivor Mentor. As part of the Outreach Team consisting of the Regional Advocate and Clinician, the Survivor Mentor will provide care for commercially sexually exploited (CSE) and trafficked children and young adults (up to age 24) in the Central Florida region. The purpose of the Survivor Mentor is to serve as the first responder to provide immediate crisis intervention and mobile direct services support once a victim is recovered.
Essential Duties & Functions
- On call 24/7 days a week to provide first responder immediate crisis intervention and assistance based on need.
- Works in partnership with the Regional Services Advocate to provide mobile direct services based on the needs identified in the victim’s individual needs assessment.
- Provides ongoing mobile care management services to victims and their families (if appropriate) wherever the victim is housed.
- Verifies victim’s eligibility for services/benefits based on individual situations.
- Accompanies victims to court hearings as needed.
- Applicants must be a Survivor of sexual exploitation/trauma with 3-5 years of recovery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work flexible hours and days