One More Child is seeking to employ a part-time, Lakeland based Child Sponsorship Assistant. The Child Sponsorship Assistant is responsible for the daily management and administration of the One More Child Sponsorship Program on a part-time (hourly) employment basis. They will maintain collaborative relationships with all major departments (communications, finance, church engagement, etc.) of FBCH and One More Child to maximize fundraising and communication effectiveness. This position will require knowledge of all aspects of our ministry, communicating confidence in our abilities, and inspiring others to join in our work. This position is a critical part of our Global Childcare department and will play a pivotal role in communicating with sponsors, and ensuring that needs are being met for the children we are supporting, through our sponsorship program.
Candidates must have strong organizational skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office. Previous clerical experience preferred. This position will not start until January 2021.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Coordinates the management of sponsorship components including verbal, written and social media communications between sponsors and One More Child offices.
- Works closely with the Director of Child Sponsorship on the development of sponsor recruitment material and sponsor retention material.
- Facilitates the distribution of the annual communication templates sent to sponsors for writing to their child and for children writing to their sponsors.
- Communicates with sponsors and potential sponsors to update payment information, cancel sponsorships, enroll new sponsorships, and answer all inquiries regarding the program.
- High School diploma or its equivalent, with advanced education preferred.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and especially Excel) and internet browsers.
- Experience in clerical field preferred.
- Experience working with donor software and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate are desirable skills.
- Knowledge and practice of Spanish, both written and spoken, is a plus.