The Safe Home Coach is responsible for the day to day care, guidance and instruction of the residents placed in the Safe Homes, providing a safe, structured environment.
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- To be on duty during hours specified on work schedule.
- To assure the safety, well-being, educational, social and spiritual growth of each resident.
- To cooperate as a team member, always seeking the best interest of each resident who comes to us for care.
- To supervise and offer guidance to residents in daily activities, including chores and study time.
- To interact positively and appropriately with residents, offering emotional support and encouragement.
- Support and implement program philosophy of trauma informed practices of care.
- To serve as a positive role model and to teach appropriate social skills, including (but not limited to) public behavior, table manners and hygiene, as well as daily life skills.
- To encourage spiritual growth and awareness through daily devotions (group & personal), prayer at meals and regular church attendance.
- To adhere to agency Program Policies and Procedures Manual, the Safe Home Operations Manual, handbooks and Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To submit all documentation on forms and schedules called for by supervisor.
- To keep supervisor or designated on-call staff member informed, as soon as possible, in the event of emergencies or unusual developments.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Has at minimum a high school diploma or GED, advanced education preferred.
- Experience with children and youth.
- Experience with Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children and victims of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking preferred
- Has and will maintain current driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- $500 sign on bonus for PT Coach staff ($125 once they complete their new hire training, $125 at the successful completion of probation, and $250 at the 1 year anniversary of employment)