FBCH and One More Child is seeking to employ a Director of Major Gifts. The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for the strategic direction and management of key development activities including developing, expanding and stewarding major philanthropic support for FBCH and One More Child. The director has frequent contact with major donors/prospects to the organization. The Director of Major Gifts will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing development related plans and strategies to ensure fulfillment of funding goals.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least three years of professional experience required, at least five years of professional experience preferred.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Ensures that major gift and endowment development activities and philanthropic support are based on the organizations strategic goals, objectives and future plans.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of major gift programs and strategies to ensure fulfillment of funding goals including building and maintaining a major gift portfolio and cultivating and soliciting major and endowment gifts from individuals and family/corporate foundations.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with executive and regional leadership to maximize fundraising effectiveness.
- Develops an atmosphere conducive to major giving that supports the funding priorities of the organization.
- Coordinates major gift prospect assignment/clearance through moves management meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desired
- Successful fund raising track record or willingness to complete training in the field of fund raising
- Desire to do additional systematic self-study to upgrade knowledge and skills in development field
- Experience in public speaking and program presentations
- Good working experience in relation to individuals, church groups and staff
- Demonstration of leadership skills