The Director of Development is responsible for the strategic direction and management of key donors and fundraising initiatives essential to developing, expanding and stewarding annual fund support for FBCH and One More Child. This director reports directly to the Director of Annual Gifts. This director also has occasional contact with members and/or spouses of the Board. The Director of Development maintains collaborative relationships with the leadership of FBCH and One More Child to maximize fundraising and communication effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Ensure that annual fund development activities and philanthropic support are based on the organization’s strategic goals, objectives and future plans.
- Responsible for planning and executing the annual fund program and strategies designed to ensure fulfillment of funding goals.
- Assist with the strategic planning and preparation of funding proposals, fundraising materials, and other presentations.
- Articulate the funding priorities in written materials, in meetings with individuals and during speaking engagements before larger audiences.
- Design, implement, and direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring project accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years work experience.
- Successful fundraising track record or willingness to complete training in the field of fundraising.
- Experience in public speaking, presentations, and project management.
- Desire to do additional systematic self-study to upgrade knowledge and skills in development field.