One More Child is seeking to employ a Director of Foster Care for the Gainesville Florida area. The primary responsibilities of the Director of Foster Care is to coordinate and supervise the local Foster Care Program and also to supervise/provide oversight to the Region’s Foster Care staff and foster parents/homes in order to fulfill the agency’s mission.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Achieve and maintain Foster Care Program capacity goals.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise employees in the Foster Care Program.
- Ensure compliance with all FBCH|OMC, COA, DCF, CBC and Licensing standards.
- Conduct periodic inspections of foster homes, client records and ensure compliance with the Foster Care Program policies and procedures.
- Implement recruitment and retention strategies, licensing and re-licensing processes and supervise foster home placements.
- Ensure compliance with all provisions/requirements of all contracts with DCF/CBC and work with the Executive Director to explore/pursue contracts/funding for the region’s foster care services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the annual budget and monthly expenditures of the Foster Care Program, ensuring that program expenditures remain within the budgeted allocations and that budgeted income is billed/received.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and two years of experience, preferably in family foster care or kinship care.
- Experience in hiring, supervising and budgeting is strongly desired.
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor) certification through the Florida Certification Board, preferred. (CWCM or CWCPI certifications are also acceptable.)
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor), CWCM, or CWCPI full certification through the Florida Certification Board is required within 1 year of the successful completion of Pre-Service Training. (Successful completion includes passing the Post-Test within 2 weeks of the class completion and can include up to two test attempts, the second of which will occur at the Director’s expense).