One More Child is seeking to employ a Director of Maintenance based out of its Jacksonville, Florida campus location. The Director of Maintenance serves an important role in ensuring our facilities and grounds are kept in good condition and capable of serving their function in support of our mission to provide Christ-centered services to vulnerable children and struggling families. The Director also plays a vital role in meeting Program support needs and ensuring volunteers, guests and partners have a meaningful and positive experience while on campus.
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- Supervises all other maintenance employees and assigns daily work responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintenance of all properties and grounds and making sure they are in a state of good repair, function and appearance.
- Responsible for all maintenance of agency vehicles.
- Respond to work orders in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for obtaining outside repair services for buildings or vehicles when necessary.
- Responsible to coordinate and assist maintenance volunteers, including supervising work days as appropriate.
- Works with the Senior Director of Facilities in preparing an annual maintenance budget and operating within that budget.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Facilities, recruits and if necessary dismisses maintenance employees (if applicable).
- To be a positive role model and involved in appropriate interaction/intervention with Campus residents and clients, as directed by the Programs team.
- Direct and coordinate delivery pick up for donations (such as food, furniture, etc.).
- Responsible for assisting with after-hours facility emergencies.
- To attend staff meetings as assigned.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure volunteers, guests, and partners have a meaningful experience while on the campus.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1 year job related experience preferred
- Experience with children and youth preferred