The Director of Public Relations supports the mission of One More Child by developing, maintaining, and promoting the brand of the organization through all media. The top priority for this position is to provide direct support to the Office of the President and the role will serve as One More Childs spokesperson.
This position is remote (supporting the East Coast region).
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage external relationships to ensure media and PR coverage surrounding One More Childs news, special events, public announcements, and other projects as needed to increase organization’s impact for children.
- Prioritize and prepare media opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, email communications and other supporting material for the Office of the President and the Communications team.
- Serve as One More Childs spokesperson during times of crisis to protect our reputation and deflect negative perceptions that may arise.
- Collaborate with the president’s office to develop communication strategies that will broaden One More Childs influence and support.
- Prepare news releases, talking points, presentations, op eds, media pitches and other written materials.
- Collaborate with the president’s office and communication team on social media and digital marketing strategy.
- Develop and refine the One More Childs “core” messages to ensure organizational consistency.
- Coach, train, and support executive team on public communication for media outlets as well as speaking engagements.
- Liaises with leaders across the organization to effectively collaborate to meet and exceed shared goals for One More Child.
- Maintains personal and professional growth and development to increase knowledge and outcomes in strategy development and project management – through conferences, webinars, workshops, books, software, publications and professional affiliations.
- Serves as a leading, expert and persuasive voice for marketing, public relations and communications endeavors for the organization.
- Establish measurable goals, track and report on goals monthly.
- Displays a positive attitude about and passion for the organization’s mission of providing Christ-centered services to children and families in need.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related area (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in public relations field
- Knowledge of and experience in using multiple social media platforms to include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off