The Director provides comprehensive volunteer development services in support of the organization’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan, goals and development philosophy. Through relationships and presentation, the Director of Volunteer Engagement utilizes “moves management” skills to secure volunteers through relationships with individuals, churches, community groups, and businesses. The Director actively creates easy and meaningful opportunities for volunteers to engage in our local and global programs.
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- Lead and supervise a multi-disciplinary team to steward current and prospective relationships with volunteers.
- Identify new opportunities for volunteers to engage in the mission of OMC both locally and globally.
- Work with Church Engagement and Strategic Operations, Programs Department, Development Department, as well as Communications staff, to develop a comprehensive and cohesive approach to volunteer engagement.
- Design and implement systems to enhance effectiveness of internal efforts to recruit, appreciate, and retain volunteers throughout the state.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a system that will enable the effective cultivation and solicitation of donors (e.g. individuals, churches, community groups, and businesses).
- Refer requests for information to programs staff as appropriate and follow up as needed.
- Provide analysis and help design reports on key metrics and performance indicators.
- Proactively seek to engage churches across denominational lines for the purpose of recruiting volunteers, and other types of engagement.
- Organize and provide orientations and trainings for volunteers and assist in scheduling volunteer activities.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition efforts to include awards, birthdays, anniversaries, appreciation notes, etc.
- Maintain consistent and accurate records of all communication and activity with churches, community groups, and businesses in Raisers Edge.
- Actively participate in speaking engagements in churches, community groups, and businesses.
- Recruit churches, community groups, and businesses for tours, volunteer opportunities, and OMC-Global mission trips.
- Participate in various events including, but not limited to, the Florida Baptist Convention, Regional Association Meetings and local church mission events.
- Lead and develop a plan to create a culture of volunteerism organization wide.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in public speaking, project management, development and PR, budget management, and strategic planning desired