One More Child is seeking to employ a part-time, Family Support Worker for the Fort Myers area. The Family Support Worker plays a pivotal role in serving children and families in need through the Foster Care program of the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. The Family Support Worker will provide support services to appropriate personnel, programs and clients and enhance the agency’s overall effectiveness in providing Christ-centered services to children and families in need. This position will focus primarily on reporting, placements, quarterly home visits, and client file documentation relating to the agency’s Foster Care program, but will have additional responsibilities as well.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- To meet and maintain the One More Child caseload standards and goals, as outlined by the Director of Foster Care Ministries and Executive Director of Foster Care in the annual goals.
- To assist with the recruitment of Christian foster homes that meet or exceed the quality standards of the program.
- To represent OMC at booths/speaking events as well as internal meetings as requested by the Director/Executive Directors.
- To provide foster families and/or ensure foster families are linked with opportunities to receive all necessary trainings and to ensure that trainings are complete, current, and compliant with program standards.
- To assist the Licensing Specialists with the licensing and relicensing of all Foster Homes on the caseload in a timely manner.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Two years of related experience, preferred.
- Successful completion of required background screenings.
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire.
- Has and will maintain a current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (6 points or less).