One More Child is seeking to employ a Foster Care Supervisor for the Melbourne area. The primary responsibilities of the Supervisor of Foster Care, who works under the supervision of the Director of Foster Care, is to coordinate and supervise the local Foster Care Program and local foster parents/homes in order to fulfill the agency’s mission.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Achieve and maintain local Foster Care Program capacity goals.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise employees in the local Foster Care Program.
- Ensure compliance with all FBCH|OMC, COA, DCF, CBC and Licensing standards in the local Foster Care Program.
- Conduct periodic inspections of local foster homes, client records and ensure compliance with the Foster Care Program policies and procedures.
- Implement recruitment and retention strategies, licensing and re-licensing processes and supervise local foster home placements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and two years of experience, preferably in family foster care or kinship care. (Masters’ preferred)
- Experience in hiring, supervising and budgeting is strongly desired.
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor) certification through the Florida Certification Board, preferred. (CWCM or CWCPI certifications are also acceptable.)
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor), CWCM, or CWCPI full certification through the Florida Certification Board is required within 1 year of the successful completion of Pre-Service Training. (Successful completion includes passing the Post-Test within 2 weeks of the class completion and can include up to two test attempts, the second of which will occur at the Director’s expense).
- Successful completion of required background screenings
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
- Has and will maintain a current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (6 points or less)