One More Child is seeking to employ a Jacksonville, FL based Foster Care Worker/Licensing Specialist. The Licensing Specialist plays a pivotal role in serving children and families in need through the Foster Care program of One More Child. The Licensing Specialist will support the care and development of abused, neglected and orphaned children by recruiting, licensing, and re-licensing foster parents and will provide on-going training and support to those licensed foster parents.
Essential Duties and Functions
- To meet and maintain the One More Child caseload standards and goals, as outlined by the Director of Foster Care Ministries and Executive Director of Foster Care in the annual goals.
- To represent OMC at booths/speaking events as well as internal meetings as requested by the Director/Executive Directors.
- To provide foster families and/or ensure foster families are linked with opportunities to receive all necessary trainings and to ensure that trainings are complete, current, and compliant with program standards.
- To license and relicense all Foster Homes on the caseload in a timely manner.
- To visit Foster Homes quarterly and as needed to ensure Foster Care quality standards are met and to comply with local CBC/DCF expectations.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited college or university. Bachelor degrees in other fields from accredited colleges/universities can be considered on a case-by-case basis but must meet the eligibility requirements for CWLC/CWCM/CWCPI certification.
- Two years of experience
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor) certification through the Florida Certification Board, preferred. (CWCM or CWCPI certifications are also acceptable.)
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor), CWCM, or CWCPI full certification through the Florida Certification Board is required within 1 year of the successful completion of Pre-Service Training.
(Successful completion includes passing the Post-Test within 2 weeks of the class completion and can include up to two test attempts, the second of which will occur at the Licensing Specialist’s expense).
- Successful completion of required background screenings
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
- Has and will maintain a current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (6 points or less)