The HR Recruiter serves as the primary agency ambassador for sourcing quality candidates and working with newly hired employees to ensure a quality orientation and onboarding experience. The job requires attracting candidates using a variety of sources, like social media networks and employee referrals. The HR Recruiter will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. The job includes overseeing all aspects of recruiting, job posting, screenings and onboarding processes. The HR Recruiter enthusiastically communicates the culture and core values of the organization. This is a “hands on” position that requires interaction with all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Serve as primary agency ambassador for all applicants and newly hired employees and is responsible for ensuring a positive, quality orientation experience that enthusiastically communicates the culture and core values of the organization.
- Oversee all phases of the onboarding process including the administration and continued evaluation of the program to assess effectiveness.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Serve as a knowledge base for all federal government and state agency background screening, compliance and paperwork requirements pertaining to personnel and intern records.
- Regularly audit scanned personnel records to ensure all required documentation elements are included in each employee and intern file.
- Train supervisors and employees on various HR related topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.