One More Child has 4 Regional Advocate job openings. The jobs are located in South West Florida and Central Florida.
As part of the Outreach Team consisting of the Survivor-Mentor and Clinician, the Regional Advocate will create a comprehensive system of care for commercially sexually exploited (CSE) and trafficked children and young adults (up to age 24). The purpose of the Regional Services Advocate is to ensure that each victim/survivor that is identified and referred to a Safe Home has access to a comprehensive set of victim support services based on an individual needs assessment and is victim-centered and survivor-led.
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- Complete individual assessments to ensure victims receive a comprehensive, trauma-informed, culturally-competent direct services plan that meets the individual needs of the victim/survivor.
- Provide initial care management services including access to and coordination of clinical services as needed.
- Coordinates services for immediate health and safety such as emergency, short-term shelter based on assessed needs.
- Coordinates emergency legal assistance such as filing restraining orders and obtaining emergency custody/visitation rights when such actions are directly connected to family violence cases and are taken to ensure the health and safety of the victim.
- Coordinates mental health assistance such as counseling, group treatment, and individual therapy (intensive professional psychological/psychiatric treatment). This includes the evaluation of mental health needs, as well as the actual delivery of psychotherapy.
- Serve as the regional services expert, trainer and resource for the victim/survivor and referral agencies to ensure continuity of care.
- Develop relationships with service providers, law enforcement, governmental agencies, clinicians, to assist victims/survivors and families with navigating the various systems and services and ensuring that therapeutic support services are readily available as needed.
- Masters in Social Work or related field desired
- A minimum of 5-7 years related experience
- Commitment to vulnerable individuals and families
- Availability to work flexible hours and days based on needs of the victims/survivors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve complex, practical problems and effectively deal with complex variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in providing direct care and coordinated services to trauma victims