The primary responsibility of the Senior Director of Foster Care is to supervise two or more directors, associate directors, and/or supervisors as well as their staff/areas of oversight in different foster care/shelter programs within an assigned geographical area in order to fulfill the agency’s mission.
Some key duties of this job include:
- Achieve and maintain Foster Care/Shelter Program capacity goals within assigned geographical
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise the assigned directors, associate directors, and/or supervisors in geographical area as well as the overall hiring/supervision of all foster care/shelter staff within the departments of oversight in assigned geographical area.
- Ensure compliance with all provisions/requirements of all contracts with DCF/CBC and work with the Executive Director to explore/pursue contracts/funding for the region’s foster care/shelter
- Ensure staff/programs of oversight achieve assigned agency
- Ensure compliance with all FBCH|OMC, COA, DCF, CBC and Licensing
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and two years of experience, preferably in family foster care or kinship
- Experience in hiring, supervising and budgeting is strongly
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor) certification through the Florida Certification Board, preferred. (CWCM or CWCPI certifications are also )
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor), CWCM, or CWCPI full certification through the Florida Certification Board is required within 1 year of the successful completion of Pre-Service Training. (Successful completion includes passing the Post-Test within 2 weeks of the class completion and can include up to two test attempts, the second of which will occur at the Senior Director’s expense).
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off