The Staff Accountant prepares and processes general ledger entries including accounts receivables, expense reporting and miscellaneous corrections. He/she performs various audits to include but not be limited to expense reports, credit card invoicing and cash advances. This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments, journals, and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that organizational finances are accurate and up to date. The Staff Accountant accurately maintains various financial records and documentation and acts as a support and backup to other members of the Finance and Administration team.
Some Essential Duties and Functions are:
- Collect, analyze, and record information for allocation of costs to operating facilities.
- Audit expense reports and cash advances.
- Audit and record petty cash reimbursements.
- Prepare journal entries related to the agency’s accounts, cash management, deposits, and expense reporting.
- Prepare and journalize invoices to Community Based Care organizations
- Prepare and pay monthly/quarterly sales tax
- Track and record Gift in Kind inventory
- Track and maintain records related to restricted gift donations and expenditures
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Maintains account files to include documentation of all journal entries and expense reports.
- Prepare and collect supporting documents for monthly closes, financial statement footnotes and external auditors.
- Prepare various reports as required on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepare payments for benefit plans (insurance, annuity, life, etc.).
- Assist in processing and distribution of annual 1099’s.
- Maintain and update fixed asset records as required.
- Support finance team members and provide backup for the Accounting Clerk.
- Maintain and conduct all matters in a highly confidential manner.
- Practice proactive and effective identification and resolution of problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, courses in accounting preferred
- 2 years direct experience in accounting and finance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off