One More Child is seeking to employ a Survivor Mentor for the Lakeland area. As part of the Outreach Team consisting of the Regional Services Advocate and Clinician, the Survivor Mentor will provide care for commercially sexually exploited (CSE) and trafficked children and young adults (up to age 24). The purpose of the Survivor Mentor is to serve as the first responder to provide immediate crisis intervention and mobile direct services support once a victim is recovered. Because of the shared lived experiences of the Survivor Mentor and the Victim, this first responder intervention is designed to increase the opportunity of establishing a bond with a safe, caring person who understands what the victims is experiencing. The Survivor Mentor position is designed to provide mobile care management and direct services support to the victim/survivor as needed.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- On call 24/7 days a week to provide first responder immediate crisis intervention and assistance based on need
- Works in partnership with the Regional Services Advocate to provide mobile direct services based on the needs identified in the victim’s individual needs assessment
- Provides ongoing mobile care management services to victims and their families (if appropriate) wherever the victim is housed
- Verifies victim’s eligibility for services/benefits based on individual situations
- Accompanies victims to court hearings as needed
- Survivor of sexual exploitation/trauma with 3-5 years of recovery
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to the experiences of vulnerable individuals and families
- Team Player
- Flexible; availability to work flexible hours and days and ability to be on call 24 hours/7 days a week as requested.
- Position requires the ability to frequently travel to sites in the assigned coverage area.