Volunteer Coordinator, Part-time, Lakeland, FL
One More Child is seeking to hire two part-time Volunteer Coordinators for our Lakeland campus. The Volunteer Coordinator provides comprehensive volunteer opportunities for churches, businesses, and community partners in support of the organization’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan, goals and development philosophy. Through relationships and presentation, the volunteer coordinator utilizes their skills to secure partnerships with churches, community groups, and businesses. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Child Hunger and Engagement and the Regional Director, the coordinator helps create easy and meaningful opportunities for volunteers to engage with One More Child to accomplish the agency mission. The Volunteer Coordinator trains, equips, and works side by side with volunteers on a daily basis. This job does require weekends.
Some Essential Duties and Functions of this job are:
- Work with the Church Engagement and solicitation.
- Work with the Engagement team to set annual goals to measure success in all areas.
- Participate in the effective cultivation and businesses.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Collaborate with the Campus Engagement Director to organize and assist in scheduling volunteer activities.
- Recruit churches, community groups, and businesses for tours (Hope Street facility in Tampa, Joe K. Blanton Campus tours in Lakeland, and Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center in Lakeland), volunteer opportunities, and OMC-Global mission trips.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in public speaking, project management, development and strategic planning desired
- Knowledge or experience in orphan care ministry preferred