One More Child is seeking to employ a part-time Tallahassee based Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator provides comprehensive volunteer opportunities for churches, businesses, and community partners in support of the organization’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan, goals and development philosophy. Through relationships and presentation, the volunteer coordinator utilizes their skills to secure partnerships with churches, community groups, and businesses. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Child Hunger and Engagement and the Regional Director, the coordinator helps create easy and meaningful opportunities for volunteers to engage with One More Child to accomplish the agency mission. The Volunteer Coordinator trains, equips, and works side by side with volunteers on a daily basis. This job does require weekends.
Some of the Essential Duties and Functions of the job are:
- Work with the Engagement team to set annual goals in order to measure success in all areas.
- Participate in the effective cultivation and solicitation of specifically segmented churches, community groups, and businesses.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to organize and provide orientation and training for volunteers and assist in scheduling volunteer activities.
- Maintain a schedule for individual volunteers and volunteer groups and provide adequate follow up to ensure the volunteers know what to expect and when to arrive at their shift.
- Maintain consistent and accurate records of all communication and activity with churches, community groups, and businesses in Raisers Edge.
- Actively participate in speaking engagements in churches, community groups, and businesses.
- Recruit churches, community groups, and businesses for tours on Tallahassee’s campus, volunteer opportunities, and One More Child-Global mission trips.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in public speaking, project management, development and PR, budget management, and strategic planning desired
- Knowledge or experience in orphan care ministry preferred