One More Child is seeking to employ a part-time, Lakeland based Warehouse Assistant. The primary responsibility of this position is to work in the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center food warehouse area to help organize, stock, and select the food items and package food orders for community clients.
Some of the duties and functions of this job are:
- Assist Director of Maintenance-Warehouse regarding operations of the warehouse through such duties as accepting food donations from various vendors, partners, and other agencies.
- Help organize and stock warehouse shelves.
- Assist in ensuring safe food practices occur and food defense systems are followed.
- Assist with inventory process, rotating stock, documentation of metrics and utilization of data base system.
- Pass all required background screenings.
- Good mobility for bending, reaching, placing items on shelves, lift up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Ability to follow directions and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Patience and positive attitude.