Specifically, if you have been affected in this way and meet certain criteria, assistance available includes:
A $300 Publix gift card for groceries
Financial assistance for upcoming bills (to include mortgage/rent, utilities, childcare, medical bills, and phone bill)
Other additional tangible resources such as diapers, clothes and household supplies
Note: The above is valued at more than $2,000!
Having had a reduction of income or experienced job loss due to COVID-19
Being a Polk County resident and possessing a valid Florida ID or Florida driver’s license
Having not already received additional county or federal COVID-19 assistance (this does not include stimulus payments)
To receive this support, schedule an appointment to come to the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center.
If you need assistance in booking an appointment, contact us through the contact information below.
At your appointment, we will ask you to complete a short application. You will also need to have on-hand the following documents to be approved:
- Applicant’s valid Florida ID or driver’s license (only 1 is needed)
- Applicant’s social security card
- Proof of loss or reduction of income related to COVID-19 impacts due to health and employment (furlough, lay-off letter from employer, unemployment statement, etc.)
- Letter printed and signed from Employer, preferably on company letter head
- Pay stubs showing hours/pay received before COVID (March 13th) and a decrease in hours/pay received amidst COVID
- Bank statements showing income was coming in before COVID (March 13th) and a lack of or decrease in hours/pay received amidst COVID
- Renters – (lease agreement or landlord letter AND W-9; W-9 needs to be completed by the landlord) DOWNLOAD W9 HERE
- Invoices or bills for which you need assistance (prioritize your top 3)
Location: FBCH and One More Child campus (1015 Sikes Blvd., Lakeland FL, 33815).
Once on campus, park in front of the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center, first building on the right when entering from Sikes or Greenwood.
Bring all your required documents to the check in desk outside. It is required to have all your documents on-hand, and printed to be seen for your appointment
You may arrive any time during your appointment window and up to 15 minutes early
Please have your mask on as you approach the check-in desk and maintain a 6-ft distance from families when waiting in line, as indicated by the floor marker.
If you or anyone in your family has been ill please do not come to your appointment. Give us a call at 863-577-4482 and we will reschedule you as soon as possible.
Individuals will be required to abide by all safety precautions to receive assistance. Precautions include but are not limited to: personal protective equipment (masks), temperature checks, and sanitation of hands.
Please note, ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE PRINTED in hard copy and brought with you to your appointment. If you do not have the required documents printed for submission, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
If you do not have a printer at home, the public library is open and available for computer services/printing.