The work of the Director of Communications makes an impact on children through strategy, project management, creativity, content development and team leadership. This position will lead a team of communication professionals that will drive content strategy and be the voice of One More Child.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Is the lead writer of engaging content for various platforms – to include blogs, social media, print publications and news releases. Assists leadership with talking points, correspondence and presentations.
- Develops strategy for results-driven multi-media marketing and communication plans to increase organization’s impact for children.
- Oversees project management and implementation to ensure goals are met on time and with excellence.
- Works closely with the Director of Public Relations on messaging and themes.
- Liaises with leaders across the organization to effectively collaborate to meet and exceed shared goals for One More Child.
- Effectively liaises with and leads all Communications team members through direct supervision and/or through project management processes.
- Maintains personal and professional growth and development to increase knowledge and outcomes in strategy development and project management – through seminars, webinars, workshops, books, software, publications and professional affiliations.
- Serves as a leading, expert, and persuasive voice for marketing and communications endeavors for the organization.
- Works as a critical team leader to solve challenges and improve team processes.
- Writes engaging content when needed for various platforms to include blogs, social media, print publications and news releases. Assists leadership with talking points, correspondence and presentations.
- Secures, oversees, and directs projects with external vendor partners to achieve campaign goals and objectives, properly representing the organization’s values and mission.
- Establishes measurable goals for outputs for all agency communications projects and communicates results with Communications Department.
- Assists in analyzing communications results and offers suggestions for continued improvement.
- Thinks creatively and is highly-motivated and organized.
- Travels, when needed, to areas of service throughout the state, nation and developing world.
- Displays integrity as well as mature judgment aligned with the organization’s core beliefs and values.
- Displays a positive attitude about and passion for the organization’s mission of providing Christ-centered services to children and families in need.
- Follows all conventions and workflows defined within project management software Asana.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related area (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations field
- Knowledge of and experience in using multiple social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off