The Director of Guardian Angels of SW Florida is responsible for the strategic direction and management of Guardian Angels of SW Florida (GASWFL), including external partner and donor relationships and fundraising initiatives essential to developing, expanding, and stewarding philanthropic and community support for GASWFL, in support of local One More Child programs. The director is also responsible for the communications plan for GASWFL. The director works closely with leadership of One More Child, the Board of GASWFL, and has frequent contact with partners, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Responsible for working with the Board of GASWFL and leadership of One More Child to develop the strategic direction of GASWFL and fulfill the organizational mission.
- Acts as a liaison between One More Child and GASWFL, working directly with the Board of GASWFL and staff of One More Child on fundraising programs, GASWFL volunteer coordination, program supporting activities, and regional church engagement, including any coordination needed between internal One More Child departments.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of development and engagement programs and strategies to ensure fulfillment of funding goals for GASWFL and One More Child.
- Responsible for designing and implementing methodologies to identify, qualify, solicit, and steward donor relationships at all giving levels, as well as building and maintaining a donor portfolio, and cultivating all gifts from churches, individuals, businesses and foundations.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and management of the communications plan for GASWFL, including social media, website, print and digital communications platforms, and responding to all potential donor inquiries.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with executive and regional leadership to maximize fundraising effectiveness, including coordinating fundraising, volunteer, partnership, and church engagement activities in support of the GASWFL campus(es) with campus leadership.
- Attends GASWFL Board Meetings and ensures the Board is regularly updated on activities for the fulfillment of GASWFL and One More Child goals.
- Coordinates major gift prospect and foundation proposal assignment/clearance through moves management meetings.
- Responsible for GASWFL grant work, including coordinating with the One More Child Director of Foundations to research, solicit, and steward grant proposals through foundations and community organizations, as well as ensure that grant requirements are being met in a timely manner.
- Builds philanthropic and community support for GASWFL and One More Child programs, through speaking engagements, community visibility, strategic partnerships, and individual relationships.
- Works closely with the One More Child Regional Director of Partnerships to coordinate external engagement and church partnership activities.
- Develops tools for donor and partner communication.
- Stays current with legal issues and the latest trends in the field of fundraising and ensures compliance in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant professional experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- Successful fundraising track record or willingness to complete training in the field of fundraising
- Desire to do additional systematic self-study to upgrade knowledge and skills in development field
- Experience in public speaking and program presentations
- Demonstration of effective digital communication, writing and graphic design skills
- Good working experience in relation to individuals, church groups and staff
- Demonstration of leadership skills
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off