The Event Planning Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Event Planning in the creation of strategic direction and management of key events essential to developing, expanding, and stewarding major philanthropic support for OMC. The coordinator has occasional contact with members and/or spouses of the OMC Board and frequent contact with volunteers, donors/prospects to the organization. The Event Planning Coordinator also assists with the planning and logistics necessary for successful special events (the Journey to One Million Meals and Women of Compassion) and development work to maximize fundraising effectiveness.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Participates in the development of strategies and messaging as it pertains to the Journey to One Million Meals, Women of Compassion, and other special events that are identified.
- Assists in developing event timelines and checklists. Manages event planning software (ASANA).
- Coordinates the management of special events components including email, mailings and other communication media as instructed.
- Communicates with the Batch Coordinator and Database Manager regarding special event inquiries to ensure they are accurately recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Identifies opportunities to promote special events to the public.
- Coordinates with vendors and sponsors of event set up and take down arrangements.
- Lead Development team member for Night of Lights, Board meetings and dinners, etc.
- Submits event payments and deposits to finance and tracks gifts for event sponsorship
- Coordinates with Development team on event RSVP tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assists in keeping event participants engaged and delighted.
- Assists in facilitating the implementation and communication with sponsor cultivation and benefits and works closely with communications on corporate sponsor recognition in events.
- Participates in evening and weekend events and activities as required and when approved.
- Gathers information, materials and resources needed to implement key fund-raising events and cultivation activities.
- Works with Annual Fund Coordinator to identify stewardship crafts for the Development team and assists with overseeing crafting activities by the children on the Lakeland Campus.
- Develops an atmosphere conducive to philanthropic giving that supports the funding priorities of the organization.
- Recruits and leads volunteers and staff for identified fundraising events as appropriate.
- Coordinates related projects including mailing lists, invitation designs, mailings, distribution, scheduling, record keeping, copying, ordering supplies and phone calls as needed.
- Participates in development team meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Participates actively to assure compliance in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Plays a significant role in the communication strategies with donors and prospects for their respective campus(es).
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Is highly motivated, organized, displays sound/mature judgement and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Employee Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Administrative, fundraising and/or special event experience preferred Benefits
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off