The primary responsibility of this position is to work collaboratively with the Family Support Worker is to serve families in the Family Support Program. The Family Support Worker will assist families by providing wraparound services, linking families to community resources, engaging families with services through the Family Resource Center, and co-facilitating evidence-based interventions to increase the safety, permanency and well‐being of children and families.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Maintains a caseload of 8-10 families as assigned by the Director of Family Support, but not to exceed 12.
- Assist the Family Support Coordinators with co-facilitating evidence-based interventions, to include but not limited to the Everyday Parenting Program.
- Assist the Family Support Coordinators with completing weekly Family Check-Ins with assigned families.
- Assist families by providing tangible resources and linking them to community resources in order to address identified barriers.
- Assist families with scheduling and coordinating appointments with the Family Support Program.
- Engage families in services and acquiring resources from the Family Resource Center.
- Meets with Director of Family Support on a weekly basis for supervision to review cases, training, and professional development and program development.
- Assist with data entry, maintaining contract compliance, and required reporting.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities including agency in-service training, professional seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Other assignments as needed or requested by Director of Family Support.
- High School Diploma.
- 2 years of experience working with the families in the welfare system or high-risk population families.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Successful completion of required background screenings.
- $500 sign-on bonus ($125 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $125 upon successful completion of probation period, $250 at 1 year anniversary)