One More Child is seeking to employ a Foster Care Supervisor for the Putnam, Flagler and Volusia area. The primary responsibilities of the Supervisor of Foster Care, who works under the supervision of the Director of Foster Care, is to coordinate and supervise the local Foster Care Program and local foster parents/homes in order to fulfill the agency’s mission.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Achieve and maintain local Foster Care Program capacity goals.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and supervise employees in the local Foster Care Program.
- Ensure compliance with all FBCH|OMC, COA, DCF, CBC and Licensing standards in the local Foster Care Program.
- Conduct periodic inspections of local foster homes, client records and ensure compliance with the Foster Care Program policies and procedures.
- Implement recruitment and retention strategies, licensing and re-licensing processes and supervise local foster home placements.
- Ensure compliance with all provisions/requirements of local contracts with DCF/CBC and work with the Director to explore/pursue contracts/funding for the local area’s foster care services.
- To ensure that every child placed in an OMC foster home for 30 days or more has a documented exposure to the Gospel.
- Oversee the collection of all available third party payments and client fees.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with community agencies and other local referral and funding
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the annual budget and monthly expenditures of the local Foster Care Program, ensuring that program expenditures remain within the budgeted allocations and that budgeted income is billed/received.
- To ensure the program provides general support for all local OMC Foster Families, including 24-hour on-call support, and that the program has 24-hour availability to receive/process placement calls/inquiries.
- Develop and implement an in-service training program for all foster care staff within the local area, in conjunction with the Director and other agency training programs.
- To participate in continuing education opportunities, including agency in-service training, professional seminars, workshops, and conferences and to ensure that all training requirements for certification as well as those required by OMC, statutes/administrative codes, and/or the local CBC/DCF are fulfilled annually.
- To represent OMC at booths/speaking events as well as internal meetings as requested by the Director/other programs.
- To perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and two years of experience, preferably in family foster care or kinship care. (Masters’ preferred)
- Experience in hiring, supervising and budgeting is strongly desired.
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor) certification through the Florida Certification Board, preferred. (CWCM or CWCPI certifications are also acceptable.)
- CWLC (Child Welfare Licensing Counselor), CWCM, or CWCPI full certification through the Florida Certification Board is required within 1 year of the successful completion of Pre-Service Training. (Successful completion includes passing the Post-Test within 2 weeks of the class completion and can include up to two test attempts, the second of which will occur at the Director’s expense).
- Successful completion of required background screenings
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
- Has and will maintain a current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (6 points or less)
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off