The Child Sponsorship Assistant is responsible for the daily management and administration of the One More Child Sponsorship Program on a full-time (hourly) employment basis. They will maintain collaborative relationships with all major departments (communications, finance, church engagement, etc.) of FBCH and One More Child to maximize fundraising and communication effectiveness. This position will require knowledge of all aspects of our ministry, communicating confidence in our abilities, and inspiring others to join in our work. This position is a critical part of our Global Childcare department and will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our sponsors are being delighted, and needs are being met for the children we are supporting, through our sponsorship program.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Coordinates the management of sponsorship components including verbal, written and social media communications between sponsors and One More Child offices.
- Works closely with the Child Sponsorship Team on the development of sponsor recruitment material and sponsor retention material.
- Facilitates the distribution of the annual communication templates sent to sponsors for writing to their child and for children writing to their sponsors.
- Communicates with sponsors and potential sponsors to update payment information, cancel sponsorships, enroll new sponsorships, and answer all inquiries regarding the program.
- Responsible for facilitating updates to the sponsorship website and importing new child information.
- Accountable for maintaining internal spreadsheets and databases containing donor and child personal and financial information.
- Coordinates with One More Child interns and volunteers to assist in the process of making sponsorship materials and uploading data on the website.
- Communicates with the Database Manager regarding new sponsorships and financial inquiries to effectively update and maintain our internal fundraising database.
- Participates in the development of campaign forms, messages, etc. as they pertain to sponsorship.
- Develops and researches the best practices for the sponsorship program and effectively assists in implementing trainings for our global ministry partners.
- Assist in keeping sponsors engaged and delighted.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or its equivalent, with advanced education preferred.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and especially Excel) and internet browsers.
- Experience in clerical field preferred.
- Experience working with donor software and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate are desirable skills.
- Knowledge and practice of Spanish, both written and spoken, is a plus.
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off