City Church of TLH & Friends (GU-Nov-07-2019)
In 2008, One More Child partnered with Colonial Infantil, a malnutrition center in San Juan, to help meet the needs of children suffering from chronic malnutrition. Together we work to provide financial and administrative support to this ministry and send approximately 35 short-term mission teams per year. In the past our primary task as missionaries was to provide lay-support to the full-time staff at the Center, caring for sick and malnourished little ones who have been temporarily removed from their home in order to receive institutionalized care. As development and growth occur through the expert staff and team at the Center, we are now caring for children at a faster and more sustainable rate, meaning that children are able to regain health and return home sooner than before. As a result, our primary missionary focuses have shifted so that we now can expand our reach to nearby communities, sharing the love and compassion of Christ, as well as meet the needs for impoverished and hungry children in the care of the Center.
For this particular trip, mission teams will have the opportunity to work with families in the community of San Juan. The team will provide family support services such as distributing clothes, school supplies, and other tangible goods to families that are in need. Additionally, folks will have the opportunity to assist with our Child Hunger programs by packing baskets of substantial and nutritious food for children at high risk of malnutrition. This will be a fast paced weekend of ministry with loads of opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
On your mission trip, you may have the opportunity to:
- Love and care for malnourished children from birth to five years of age at the Malnutrition Center.
- Sort and distribute tangible goods such as clothing, school supplies, and household items for families in the surrounding communities.
- Provide spiritual nurturing through Bible stories, singing, prayer walks and home visits for children and families in our Child Sponsorship program.
- Lead or participate in a special training for parents and children regarding child health and development, where a warm meal will be provided for all in attendance.
- Tour a coffee plantation where we will have the opportunity to zip line, horseback ride, or take a walking tour.
- Experience the wonderful people, history and culture of Antigua.
For more information on how mission teams are serving in Guatemala please click HERE .
CLICK HERE to apply for a mission trip TODAY!
Led By: One More Child Staff
Start Date: 11/07/2019
End Date: 11/10/2019
Price: $600 plus international airfare
One More Child