The Missions Coordinator position will provide leadership in all travel-related aspects of One More Child Global programs. Responsibilities will include the coordination of all travel-related needs for both Global staff and volunteers, and effective management of assigned resources. This position will require knowledge of all aspects of our ministry, communicating confidence in our abilities, and inspiring others to join in our work. It is integral to the growth of One More Child and ultimately to the children around the world that need our help.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Research, coordinate, and secure all travel logistics for individuals and groups supporting the efforts of global projects domestically and internationally, including but not limited to lodging and flight accommodations, and ground transportation.
- Provide guidance, and support as needed, with procedures necessary for travel, such as passports, visas and other documentation. When necessary, work with international partners to secure visas.
- Ensure that travel needs are met within the constraints of the organizational budget, demonstrating effective stewardship of all resources and approving expenses as outlined by One More Child Global policies and procedures.
- Research new and maintain new existing travel partnerships and accommodations in order to effectively reduce cost to team members and maximize the resources of One More Child Global.
- Operate with superb attention to detail, and a proactive awareness of the inter-related nature of all global operations.
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of all travel-related activities and expenses.
- Develop the processes needed internally and externally to facilitate individuals and groups to join in our ministry to children internationally.
- Work as an integral part of the Global Childcare team in strategic planning, accomplishing ministry goals, and leading our team with communication expertise.
- Communicate with individuals, groups, and churches the vision to help children and inspire them to action.
- Some travel required. Up to 20% of duties are performed in the field.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or its equivalent, with advanced education preferred.
- Desire to do additional systematic self-study and other training to upgrade knowledge and skills.
- Proficient use and knowledge of airline systems/schedules, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), client database systems, video conferencing, and internet browsers.
- Experience in international missions, budget management, and strategic planning. Direct experience in working with nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Southern Baptist policy at local, state, national & international level would be a valuable asset.
- Experience working with donor software and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate are desirable skills.
- Knowledge and practice of Spanish, both written and spoken, is a plus.
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period, $500 at 1 year anniversary)
- Insurance (Dental, Medical and Vision)
- Paid Days Off