In partnership with local churches and national government, One More Child has helped construct a community that includes 94 single-family homes, a police substation, a community transformation center and a church plant.
In partnership with local churches and national government, One More Child has helped construct a community that includes 94 single-family homes, a police substation, a community transformation center and a church plant. These facilities and infrastructure offer stability to a rural area that suffers from low reading proficiency and responsive paternal support (according to UNICEF).
To supplement the community needs, we have created a robust sponsorship program, which includes a monthly food basket for sponsored children, training for parents in health, nutrition, parenting skills and regular opportunities to hear the gospel. We also have a feeding program for nursing mothers and young children through age 5. Lives are being changed in the Dominican Republic because of people like you. Come on a mission trip with us and help us continue in our discipleship and evangelism efforts!
Check out the ministry work we are doing in THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- Serve in a comprehensive 94-home community development built by One More Child in partnership with the government and local church.
- Minister to children through baseball games, sports camps, community activities, and ministry work in the local school.
- Help provide medical care through a small mobile clinic (for Medical Professionals.)
- Visit homes to pray with, evangelize to and minister to people in extreme poverty.
- Provide hot meals daily to food-insecure children.
- Assemble and deliver food baskets and provide training for families in our Child Sponsorship program.
- Play games, share Bible stories, disciple and encourage children living in poverty.
- Experience the wonderful people, historical sites and culture of the Dominican Republic, the “Jewel of the Caribbean!”