The Volunteer Coordinator provides comprehensive volunteer opportunities for churches, businesses, and community partners in support of the organization’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan, goals and development philosophy. Through relationships and presentation, the volunteer coordinator utilizes their skills to secure partnerships with churches, community groups, and businesses. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Child Hunger and Engagement and the Regional Director, the coordinator helps create easy and meaningful opportunities for volunteers to engage with One More Child to accomplish the agency mission. The Volunteer Coordinator trains, equips, and works side by side with volunteers on a daily basis. This job does require weekends.
Some of the Essential Duties and Functions of the job are:
- Work with the Church Engagement and Engagement team to frequently research and evaluate community partners, churches, and civic group’s demographics and culture in order to systematically determine the best prospects for cultivation and solicitation.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to organize and provide orientation and trainings for volunteers and assist in scheduling volunteer activities.
- Maintain a schedule for individual volunteers and volunteer groups and provide adequate follow up to ensure the volunteers know what to expect and when to arrive at their shift.
- Recruit churches, community groups, and businesses for tours, volunteer opportunities, and OMC-Global mission trips.
- High school diploma required
- Experience in public speaking, project management, development and strategic planning desired
- $500 sign-on bonus ($125 upon completion of new hire Relias Trainings, $125 upon successful completion of probation period, $250 at 1 year anniversary)
- Job Description