We believe every child deserves a birthday party. But we realize not every family has the resources to make that possible. By building a Birthday Kit you ensure that a child is able to celebrate their life with friends and family in grand fashion!
When you build a Birthday Kit determine if it is going to be for a boy or girl. Purchase all of the necessary items that will make a child’s party an event to remember and bring them to:
- Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center on our Joe K. Blanton campus, located at 1015 Sikes Blvd. in Lakeland.
We kindly request you put all of the items for the Birthday Kit in a basket and our staff will wrap it in cellophane.
Here is a list of recommended items to consider including in your birthday kit:
- Cake mix
- Frosting and decorative icing
- Sprinkles and/or cake decorations
- Birthday card
- Party hats, noisemakers, etc.
- Party favors
- Party games
- Plates, cups, napkins and utensils
- Birthday banner or decorations, i.e. streamers
- Wrapping paper/gift bags
- Gifts for the child (completely optional, but obviously wonderful!)