Choose what timeframe you are able to commit.
Here are several options to prayerfully consider:
- 1 hour a week. In one hour a week you can help a Single Mom and/or insecurity for her children.
- 10 weeks of New Start for Single Moms. This is where mentors really step in and guest speakers who teach a specific topic though this is covered under the life skills bullet point.
- Weekly or Monthly devotions, listening and assisting in reaching goals.
- 1 hour a week or month to help kids with homework, provide childcare for the mom while she attends her New Start class or teaching/co-teaching Brave Kids curriculum to the children.
- 1 time a month to take moms and their children on pre-approved outings. This builds healthy relationships.
- 1 time a quarter for one year. Use your gifts and skills to teach a life-skills application “workshop” for single moms.
Already an Approved Mentor?
The following pdf files are designed to compliment the New Start for Single Moms participant workbook and give the mentor a simple structure to follow.