We are seeking individuals who volunteer to help sort, select, organize and process donations for children who are clients at our Compassion Center. Apply Now
Volunteer at our Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center, and help us serve our community in a number of ways. Lakeland Joe K. Blanton Campus 1015 Sikes Blvd. Lakeland,...
Our mission is to provide Christ-centered services to children and families in need. Volunteers provide an array of services to help meet this mission and the volunteer opportunities are numerous. Volunteers can be individuals or groups that wish to donate their time. All volunteers are integral in helping us meet the needs of children in crisis.
It’s simple, really. Love changes lives.
Group volunteers are members of church groups, clubs, teams and schools that work together in sharing God’s love by connecting with our ministry through service.
Some examples of group volunteer activities are:
- providing support for campus events, such as the Back-to-School Party and Christmas Open House
- helping beautify the campuses through grounds work like weeding, planting and trimming
- assisting with large group activities for the children such picnics, games and activities
Individual volunteers provide invaluable service and support by donating their time and talents. Some volunteers work in office and group settings on our campuses, while others receive additional training and work directly with the children.
Some examples of individual volunteer activities in an office or group setting are:
- providing clerical or computer support
- offering tutoring sessions
- teaching independent living and vocational skills
Some examples of individual volunteer activities for those working one-on-one with children are:
- mentoring and modeling the Christian lifestyle
- driving children to appointments and after-school activities
- becoming a visiting sponsor who spends time with an individual child
We love to see kids helping kids!
Here are the current youth guidelines:
- youth ages 14 and up are required to complete the volunteer application
- youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering in all areas except at the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center
- there must be one adult volunteer parent or guardian for every five youth volunteers under the age of 18
- youth ages 16 and up may volunteer in the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center, following the completion of the volunteer application
Thank you for your faithful and continued support!
If you are already an approved volunteer, you do not need to apply again. Please contact the volunteer coordinator in your area and let them know that you are interested in helping with a new opportunity.